Hello Adventurer! Troll Doll Arrival!

I received Misterminou Doll Zorgah in mint resin this week! I ordered both head options, the axe, and the helmet (so the full set). Due to currency conversion and fees, she clocks in at one of most expensive dolls currently.

Here is her box opening 
my kids are super helpful.
very cute box, which at this point surprised me with it's weight. Also surprising was a bit of damage on the box despite it's careful packaging
id soon learn the damage was caused by the beast within...

Super cute details on and in the box. I love ordering from folks who put so much care into their craft. 
the handwritten note was a lovely touch. 
Kids stealing my bubble wrap
based on the layout of things inside the box, Zorgah had been literally kicking through the bottom of the box to cause the damage. 
i opened each smaller package and then the doll itself
when I opened the helmet my immediate reaction was oh my gosh it's so big!
then I opened this head. It's super smooth with no seam lines. The faceplate matches the head back perfectly with no gaps. A perfect....super big....head.
and by comparison a dainty axe
Then came the doll
i put eyes in her right away, although not the gift eyes she was sent with. Those I put in the neutral face. She appears much bluer in this image because of the lighting.
my son was like "mom you need your other orc!" And he carefully dug her out of the cabinet for me. At this point I had two thoughts 1) Zorgah stands really well and even her body has no seam lines at all and 2) Zorgah is a flipping giant.
i threw her in an FID dress I had and set her in the cabinet and my gut reaction was regret. She clearly is not in scale with everyone else. I expected her to have a 6/7 head since she takes 12mm eyes and is 47cm tall....but her head is so large she can't wear most of my 7/8 wigs...her head is probably 7.9 inches so only the stretchiest wigs stay on. 

I felt conflicted about this, because while she isnt part of the gang like I had hoped, she is super well made with lots of finesse and attention to detail and love. And she's super cool. But she doesn't fit in. I tried a few different outfits but nothing helped. She can't fit most clothes I have anyway 
finally I moved her to the cabinet of my "big head dolls". She clearly fits in better here. Also the balls for her thighs get turned around easily so long pants were obnoxious on her. After I put this last outfit on I realized she was going to look best showing off her abs and legs with a loincloth type look. I'm excited to make her outfit, not set on a faceup or name yet. Hopefully my buyers remorse continues to subside as I redirect my expectations of where she belongs. 

Honestly, she reminds me of my Kaye Wiggs Nelly, but like, everything I had pretended my Nelly to be. Nelly was green and also an odd size, not fitting in anywhere. Nelly had large protruding "Fawn" ears that I was too scared to mod into pointed ears (just like what angry Zorgah has). Nelly had a button nose that I pretended was an orc snout and a bottom lip that I pretended had pointed tusks. Zorgah has a perfect nose and teeth. And I painted Nelly with fierce eyebrows for a intimidating look....Zorgah is already fierce even blank. I eventually sold Nelly as it was clear she'd never be what I had in my minds eye. Zorgah is like that dream finally come true. 

Comments